Wesley Nurse closures until further notice
From: Johnson, Charlotte (Cjohnsonmhm.org)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 18:18:35 -0700 (PDT)

Good Evening Everyone,

I am cancelling all Wesley Nurse activities.  I will be in my office, but educating over the phone regarding coronavirus and preventative measures. I will call people who have appointments with additional information.

Below is education on handwashing I would like to share with you. You may already have this information on hand. Please share it with others and your families. Follow these 5 steps every time:

  1. Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold) and apply soap.
  2. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
  3. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
  4. Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
  5. Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them. Remember to use a paper towel when turning off the water and opening bathroom doors.

It’s also important to wash your hands…

                After going to the restroom

                After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing

                Before eating

                After touching surfaces that could be contaminated

If unable to wash your hands, use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.

In addition, refrain from touching the face to keep germs away from eyes, nose, and mouth. It will also be prudent to refrain from shaking hands. Keep a social distance of at least 6 feet. Use tissue when coughing or sneezing. If no tissue is available, cough/sneeze into your elbow.