Letters for Mark Cullimore
From: Mark Krause (mkrause111yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 13:18:07 -0700 (PDT)

Dan McClung

P. O. Box 132

Mertzon, TX. 76941

danandsue [at] wcc.net

July 29, 2019

Dear Family/Friend,

I am sponsoring Mark Cullimore on a spiritual renewal weekend called "A Walk to Emmaus."  This weekend is not an actual physical walk, but rather a spiritual walk.  The activities and events of the weekend demonstrate how God intends for His love to be at work in our lives.  The events of the weekend are based on Luke 24:13-35, in which the disciples' eyes were opened to greater understanding as they walked on the Emmaus Road with Christ.  Mark will be attending the Walk on August 1st – 4th, at Christ the King Retreat Center.

One of the ways God's love is demonstrated to those attending is through surprise Christian "love / friendship" letters from family members and friends.  As a Sponsor, I am responsible for contacting those close to Mark and asking them to write a letter, which will be delivered during the weekend.  I ask that you not mention the letter(s) until after the Walk.  If you know of others that he would like to hear from, please pass the information on to them.  I would be delighted to have a letter from anyone who would like to write one.

Your letter, which will be read only by Mark is an opportunity for you to express your appreciation and love and what your relationship has meant to you.  You may want to recall an event or some special happening that you have shared together.  It doesn't have to be long and it can be humorous or serious.  Please do not send gifts or money - just a personal letter or note from you.

The letters need to reach me no later than Thursday, August 1, 2019.  Please follow these steps:

1.     Write the letter and sign it.

2.     Put it in an envelope and seal it.

3.     Write Mark’s name on the envelope.

4.     Write how you are related (spouse, child, parent, friend, etc.) in the upper right hand corner of the envelope.

5.     Place in a second envelope, and mail it to me at the address above, give to Pastor Mark
-OR- you can respond via email and send your letter as an attachment and I will place it in an envelope for you.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.  We know Mark will be blessed by your letter.

Sincerely,

Dan McClung

  • (no other messages in thread)